Successful communication is the key to successful working relationships, whether in leadership, collaboration or negotiation. Those who can appreciate their counterparts, and have genuine discussions and debates with them, have often cleared the greatest hurdle already.
In our two-day “Communication Skills” course you will learn the psychological foundations of communication models, along with their practical application. Through individual examples and exercises you will learn more about how you communicate, and explore opportunities for improving and expanding your communication skills.
Goal and training contents
The “Communication Skills” course is geared to professionals and leaders who carry responsibility for organisations, teams and networks, and who want to expand and refine their ability to communicate. The goal of this seminar is to better understand the communication process, learn discussion techniques and improve your own conversational skills.
The training covers the basis of important psychological and theoretical communication models developed, among others, by:
- F. Schulz von Thun
- P. Watzlawick
- M.B. Rosenberg
- F. Riemann
Theory is put into practise. The application of this learning focuses on tips and techniques for clear and constructive communication and conversational skills. The following approaches are introduced and practised:
- Listening skills
- Nonviolent communication
- Question and feedback techniques
- Nonverbal communication
We rely on a blend of input, practical exercises, individual reflection, group evaluation and professional feedback:
- Input serves as the starting point for intensive exercises. Participants have the chance to introduce and work on real examples from their everyday jobs.
- Through the direct application of what is learnt, individual communication patterns are analysed and alternative styles of conversation are tested.
- In evaluation and feedback forums, participants have the opportunity to compare their own and others’ perceptions.
- Trainer feedback gives participants added motivation to further develop their behavioural tendencies and communication style.
The course is conducted by two denkmodell consultants with several years of training in systemic organisational development, long-time professional and training experience, and specialisation in communication and discussion moderation. For groups of 10 or more participants, consultants work in pairs; smaller groups are facilitated by one professional.
Time and place
The course lasts two days and takes place in denkmodell’s seminar rooms in Berlin. Groups consist of six to 12 participants. For 10 or more participants, two trainers work together.
Costs and services
The two-day course costs 1.080 € (incl. VAT). Included are:
- Individual interview about experiences and expectations
- Two days of training
- Training materials: Tips and techniques for successful communication, recommended reading
- Certificate of attendance
- Photo documentation
You will receive further information about all programme details several weeks before the course begins.
Within our training programme course language is German. If requested, we are pleased to conduct the training in English as well.
If you would like to book this course for your entire team or a group of colleagues, please contact us directly. We can also do on-site training at your company and, if desired, develop a customised programme according to your needs. We will match the training contents and instructional methods to your organisation and the participants’ previous knowledge. For any questions or further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the course is conducted in German, you can register here.